|Top 10 reasons to AVOID drinking U.S. tap water at all costs.|
|Written by S.D. Wells|
|Some of us have done it our whole lives. We grab a glass or cup from the kitchen cabinet and go straight to the sink faucet or refrigerator dispenser, fill it with water, and then drink it without giving it a single thought. We fill entire pitchers with tap water and add tea mix, lemonade mix, powdered drink mixes for the kids, or we make our coffee with it. Millions of Americans use those pitchers that have cheap little filters in them that do next to nothing to filter out toxins, despite their product claims. Boiling the water doesn't help cleanse it enough either.|
|The Harvard study of the impact of fluoride on the neurological development in children.|
|For decades, health "experts" have pushed fluoride propaganda and shoved lies down our throats (literally and figuratively speaking). With no clinical proof whatsoever, we've been told fluoride builds strong teeth and fights cavities. Nutritionists, on the other hand, have been screaming the opposite about fluoride, warning consumers about the dangers of this unnatural additive.|
|The majority of bottled water products and the water served by restaurants is often just contaminated tap water.|
|You may be getting discouraged at this point, thinking that there’s no safe water for drinking in the U.S., unless you get it straight from some mountain springs yourself, but don't give up yet. Even though water filtration is a complex science, there is one affordable home water filtration system that pays for itself within a year, doesn't require electricity (it uses gravity), and filters 99 percent or more of all pollutants within a couple of hours.|
|TOP 10 reasons you need a Big Berkey water filtration system in your home and why you should never drink water from the tap.|
| 1. Most U.S. tap water contains sodium fluoride that causes cancer, brittle bones and lowered IQ (not strong teeth that fight cavities, like dentists claim).|
2. You're drinking a little bit of chlorine in every sip.
3. Heavy metal toxins like lead, mercury and aluminum are often present — in fact, just last year, the EPA knew about the tap water in Flint, Michigan, being highly contaminated with lead, but still hid that fact from the public for months, all while children were being poisoned.
4. You're ingesting other people's medications: "There's no doubt about it, pharmaceuticals are being detected in the environment and there is genuine concern that these compounds, in the small concentrations that they're at, could be causing impacts to human health or to aquatic organisms." - Mary Buzby, Director of Environmental Technology for Merck.
5. Artificial sweeteners, like sucralose, are not getting filtered out at the water plants.
6. You could be drinking tiny pieces of toilet paper.
7. You're drinking a little dose of deadly insecticides and herbicides that adds up over time.
8. There are virtually no minerals left in tap water - it's been stripped of all nutritive qualities by the chemicals used to treat it.
9. PFASs (Poly- and Perfluoroalkyl Substances) from industrial sites, military fire training areas, and wastewater treatment plants still contaminate tap water and are linked to developmental, immune, metabolic and endocrine health problems.
10. It actually dehydrates the body instead of hydrating it. (The chemicals in tap water drain vitamins and minerals from the human body over the long term.)